QuickBooks is a well-known piece of accounting software that was developed to fulfil the requirements of various monetary and bookkeeping responsibilities. It is a fully functional software that works in real time and manages important business data for its users. During the retrieval process, the data has been carefully organised and analysed for the user’s advantage. QuickBooks makes quick work of all of these simple errands, which it performs flawlessly. On the other hand, it is susceptible to some of the internal faults that are typical of software in general. One of these problems, the QuickBooks error H303, has been reported by a lot of people. If you are experiencing the same problem with your QuickBooks, go through the blog to learn why it happens and the steps you can take to fix it.
Seeking help from experts? Reach them at +1-855-856-0042.
About the error
The data sharing between your server and workstations takes place with the help of a multi-user network used by QuickBooks. This error occurs while switching to multi-user mode. Either your connection to the server is interrupted, or the file is located on some other system QuickBooks cannot trace a path to. You’ll see error codes on the screen whenever you attempt to use the multi-user network.
Reasons of QuickBooks error H303
The causes which can be held responsible for the occurrence of this error in your QuickBooks are-
- A workstation is set as a server running in multi-user mode.
- The file you are trying to host/access is in an unsupported format due to data corruption.
- The multi-user network has developed some issues due to the failure of background processes.
Also see: QuickBooks Error 1328
Solutions for QuickBooks error H303
The error can be easily resolved by using the methods listed below-
Solution 1- Check the multi-user network hosting settings on your server and workstations to fix QuickBooks error H303
Your server computer should be the only one hosting the files; all the workstations should run in single-user mode. Proceed with the steps to configure the settings in your QuickBooks on the server computer-
- Click on File and select Utilities from the drop-down menu.
- Select Host multi-user access if it’s present in the list.
- Instead, if you see Stop hosting multi-user access, you don’t need to do anything as the multi-user access mode is on.
- Now, go to your workstations and select Stop hosting multi-user access on all of them. They are the systems that don’t host your data files and should be set to run in Single user mode.
- At last, restart QB.
If the issues are still present in your QuickBooks, try the next solution.
Solution 2-Use the file doctor tool to repair QuickBooks error H303
You can fix minor issues in your company files by running them through the file doctor tool. Follow the steps below-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub and click on Company File issues.
- Select the File Doctor Tool from the options.
- Locate your company file and wait for the process to finish.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
Move to the next solution if you face some issues.
Solution 3-Use the Database server manager to fix issues with the network
If any process or file has crashed in the background, it will directly impact the software. Follow the steps below to ensure the network isn’t suffering from issues.
- Run the QuickBooks tool hub on your PC and click Network Issues from the options.
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Locate the folder that carries your QuickBooks files and click on Start Scan.
- Now, click on close.
- Reboot QuickBooks on the server computer & then all the workstations.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 6123
Method 4: Altering the File Location to Repair QuickBooks Error Code H303
If you modify the file address, the QuickBooks application can have problems finding your files when it tries to access them on the server. If you want to fix the problem, you should try moving the file to a different location first. Proceed with the steps in the following order:
1. Make a new folder on the server system where everything is stored.
2. Adjust the settings of the Windows access permission to permit file and folder sharing before doing so.
3. Make a copy of the Company file (which ends in.QBW) and then put it in the folder that you just established.
4. Make the appropriate adjustments to the location’s address within the workstation.
5. Launch the file titled “Company” on the workstation.
We have reached the end of our blog, which was an effort to simplify QuickBooks error H303. The reasons this error occurs and the solutions were also mentioned. We expect that you were able to fix the issues by executing the methods above.
If you are still facing any issues, call +1-855-856-0042 and talk to a QB expert.
Recommended to read: Crack QuickBooks password