The super powerful financial manager Quicken is a host to a wide variety of features. There are so many things to like about this utility software. You can use it to manage books, and get your income and expenses sorted. It also provides you with information about your accounts in detail. Although, one of the most attractive features is that of the automatic downloads of transactions. But wait, there is also the feature to send online payments using the software. And we can say with conviction that both of these features make tasks of the user considerably simpler. However, there is one issue that bothers these two functions. It is none other than that of the Quicken Error OL-393-A.
In this blog, we discuss this error in detail. By the end of it, you will receive all the information needed to fix this issue. Let us start with a short description.
What is the Quicken Error OL-393-A?
This issue arises when you are updating the account using online services. Another major reason behind it is when the account information is incorrect. Now let us have a look at the causes.
Causes of the Quicken Error OL-393-A
- You may face this error if you are not using the most recent version of the software.
- This error might also occur if you save incorrect information about your accounts.
- It can also occur if the Quicken app is not available on the server.
- There is a chance of this error if you have not properly installed the software.
- A malware or virus attack can also be the cause of the Quicken Error OL-393-A.
- This error can also occur if you remove the Quicken-related files incorrectly.
Now you have an initial idea about the error. Let us now proceed to the part you all look forward to. In the next section, we will cover the fixes.
Simple Ways to Fix the Quicken Error OL-393-A
There are many ways to fix this error. We will list out the most convenient techniques. Please note that these are in no particular order. You should read till the end and then choose which one to proceed with.
First Way: Download the Latest Update
- The first step is to launch Quicken.
- After that, you need to navigate to Help > Check for Updates.
- If you find any updates, click on Yes to proceed with the process.
- Once the update finishes, exit the application.
Second Way: Update Account Information
- First, you need to click on Account. Now you have to wait till the Account Register is open
- After that, click on the Settings button in the top-right corner (the gear icon). This opens a drop-down menu
- The next step is to click on Update Now (Ctrl+Alt+U)
- After that, the screen prompts you to feed the vault or bank password
- Finally, click Update Now.
Third Way: Check and Verify Information
- The first step is to launch the application, and then go to Tools > One step update summary.
- After this you get to see the impacted account, this will have a red heading. After that, you will find the error code right next to it.
- Once you verify the account, go to the account list from the Tools menu.
- Now you need to click Edit.
- Finally, verify whether account information like routing and the account number are entered correctly.
Fourth Way: Verify Hidden Accounts
- First, you need to go to Tools. After this, you have to select the account list.
- Now you need to put a tick on the ‘show hidden account’ option. This helps you verify if an account is hidden.
- Next, you need to click edit and then display options.
- After that, uncheck the hidden account options.
- Now you need to follow the same steps you did to verify your account. This will also help you make sure that the particular account has the correct account details.
- If you decide against downloading the account, you need to ‘deactivate online services’ for the specific account.
- After that, you need to check the instructions to ‘Verify Online Services’.
- At last, after you deactivate the account, you can opt to hide the account again.
Fifth Way: Check the Online Services
- The first step is to check the account list from the Tools menu
- After this, you have to click the Edit button.
- Next, you need to navigate to the Online Services tab.
- After this, check whether the right online services are on.
- Also, you must check the online payments.
- Finally, hit the deactivate button to disable the online services which aren’t active in the account.
To conclude, the Quicken Bill Pay Error OL-393-A might be a bit tricky. This error happens due to an account mismatch. So you need to verify carefully to correct this issue. However, we also advise that you keep a backup for worst-case scenarios. Also, if you are not comfortable with fixing the issue yourself, please opt for professional help. Our experts are just a call or mail away from providing assistance.
Read More: Magazinewatches