Cervical spondylosis, also known as cervical osteoarthritis or neck arthritis, is a common condition that affects the cervical vertebrae in the neck region. It is caused by wear and tear of the cartilage and bones in the neck, leading to degeneration and stiffness of the cervical spine. Cervical problems can have a significant impact on mobility and daily activities, causing pain, discomfort, and limited range of motion. In this article, we will explore how cervical spondylosis affects mobility and daily activities and discuss the different treatment options available, including holistic therapies in Hyderabad.
Effects of cervical spondylosis on mobility and daily activities
Cervical spondylosis can cause a range of symptoms that affect mobility and daily activities. These symptoms can include:
- Neck pain and stiffness: Neck pain and stiffness are the most common symptoms of cervical spondylosis. This can make it difficult to move the neck, turn the head, or look up and down.
- Shoulder pain and weakness: Cervical spondylosis can also cause shoulder pain and weakness, which can limit the ability to lift or carry objects.
- Numbness and tingling: Cervical spondylosis can compress the nerves in the neck, causing numbness and tingling in the arms and hands. This can affect the ability to grip objects, write, or perform other fine motor tasks.
- Headaches: Cervical problems can cause headaches, which can make it difficult to concentrate, work, or perform daily activities.
- Balance and coordination: In severe cases, cervical spondylosis can affect balance and coordination, making it difficult to walk or perform activities that require balance, such as climbing stairs.
Cervical spondylosis treatment
There are several treatment options available for cervical spondylosis, ranging from conservative therapies to surgery. These options include:
- Medications: Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), can help relieve pain and inflammation. Prescription medications, such as muscle relaxants or corticosteroids, may also be used.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy can help improve the range of motion, strengthen muscles, and reduce pain and stiffness.
- Surgery: Surgery may be necessary in severe cases of cervical spondylosis, such as when there is pressure on the spinal cord or nerves. Surgery can involve removing bone spurs or discs or fusing vertebrae together.
- Holistic therapies: Holistic therapies, such as acupuncture, chiropractic care, and massage therapy, may also be effective in relieving pain and improving mobility.
Alternate cervical spondylosis treatments
There are several alternative treatments which are used to treat cervical problems. There is a range of therapies that can help relieve pain, improve mobility, and enhance overall well-being. Some of the therapies available include:
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture involves the insertion of fine needles into specific points on the body to stimulate healing and relieve pain. This therapy can help reduce neck and shoulder pain, improve range of motion, and enhance overall well-being.
- Chiropractic care: Chiropractic care involves the manipulation of the spine to correct alignment issues and relieve pain. This therapy can help improve mobility, reduce pain and stiffness, and enhance overall well-being.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy involves the manipulation of soft tissues to relieve pain, reduce muscle tension, and improve circulation. This therapy can help reduce neck and shoulder.
Holistic healing therapy for cervical spondylosis treatments
One of the best holistic therapies in Hyderabad is the Siddha method of healing practised at Chakrasiddh can provide the best holistic cervical spondylitis treatment.
Practitioners of the Siddha healing method believe that the mind and the body are not separate but one singular entity. Chakrasiddh healing therapy utilises a method of combining Nadi Vaidyam and Marma Chikitsa to heal chronic pain and issues without the need for surgery.
According to Siddha practitioners, the body’s existing channels of energy can be utilised in the therapeutic process of treating cervical problems using the Siddha healing method. They believe that there are 72,000 energy pathways in the human body accessible from the skin’s surface.
By employing gentle, simultaneous strokes, the practitioner applies deep pressure to alleviate tension and eliminate toxins from the body, thereby improving blood and oxygen flow. This unblocks the disrupted energy points, relaxes the muscles, and restores the body to its normal state. Noticeable improvements can be experienced within three days. Depending on the condition’s severity, the Siddha holistic healing therapy can be completed in 1-3 weeks.
The full process:
To provide a better understanding of the Chakrasiddh healing method, let’s break down the entire process of how arthritis treatment is performed.
- Examination and diagnosis: The patient’s complete medical history and reports are thoroughly examined before beginning the healing therapy. A counselling session is also provided to address any queries or doubts.
- Starting treatment: After identifying the ailment, the arthritis treatment begins, each lasting thirty minutes to an hour. In severe cases, the duration of sessions may be extended.
- Lifestyle changes: To achieve the full benefits of holistic healing therapy, especially for cervical problems, it is crucial to follow specific lifestyle changes. These include abstaining from alcohol and cigarettes and following a strictly vegetarian diet. Women are advised to avoid therapy sessions during their menstrual cycle. These precautions are temporary and necessary to enable healers to use the body’s energy points effectively. Once the healing process is completed, patients can return to their original diet.
- Temporary restrictions: It is important to note that these restrictions are only in place during the course of arthritis treatment and do not need to be permanent. The body’s natural pathways and aura must be clean for effective treatment.
There are several options available for cervical spondylitis treatment. Still, the safest and most effective of these is the holistic Siddha method of treatment available at Chakrasiddh’s holistic healing centre in Hyderabad.