Are you facing QuickBooks error code 9000 and don’t know what to do? Well, need not to worry anymore, as we are here to help you. QuickBooks error 9000 occurs when the user tries to send the payroll data or the direct deposit paychecks. This error gets displayed on the screen with an error message “QuickBooks error 9000 or payroll connection server. Please try again later.”
This error can be very much annoying for the QuickBooks users to handle. However, reading this post can be quite helpful in fixing this issue. However, for further assistance, feel free to call us anytime, and our experts will help you to resolve QuickBooks error code 9000.
In what Circumstances does QuickBooks Encounter Payroll Connection Server Error or Error 9000?
First, let’s discuss the reasons that cause QuickBooks Payroll Connection Server Error 9000.
- If your internet connection is not working correctly.
- The date and time on your system are not correct.
- If you are using QuickBooks in Multi-User mode.
- Internet browser’s security certificates are expired.
- Your computer’s firewall is interrupting the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Internet is facing a network time-out problem.
What leads to QuickBooks error 9000?
There can be various causes behind this error namely:
- Unstable internet connection
- Incorrect system date and properties
- Invalid security certificate
- Sending the payrolls or pay in multi-user mode
- In case the internet security or the personal firewall software settings are wrongly configured
- Also, if the system has incorrect date and time
How to Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Connection Server Error or Error 9000:
- Make sure all the Windows drivers are updated and free from corruption.
- Check if you have the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop application installed. If not, Update QuickBooks without delay.
- Take a backup of your QuickBooks data before performing any troubleshooting steps.
- If you can’t connect to the internet outside of QuickBooks, try basic internet troubleshooting like resetting your router and switching to a hard-wired connection. If none of them works to help you connect to the internet, contact your ISP for help.
Following are the troubleshooting steps to get rid of Error 9000 in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Set up QuickBooks Desktop Internet Connection Settings:
A proper internet connection setup ensures that QuickBooks can easily connect to the server, and internet connection issues are not the reason you are getting the error.
- Open the QuickBooks application and click the Help tab.
- Now select “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet.“
- Now click Next and go to Advanced Connection Settings.
- Select LAN settings, click the “Automatically Detect Settings” check box, and ensure the “Proxy Server” check-box is unchecked.
- Now click OK and then click Done.
Solution 2: Run Disk Cleanup Tool to remove junk files and temporary memory files:
System junk files can severely affect the performance of programs running on it and trigger issues like error 9000 in QuickBooks. So it becomes quite crucial to get rid of these junk files stored on your system to resolve the error.
- On your keyboard, press Windows key + R
- A Run box will appear with a text box in it.
- Type “cleanmgr” in the text box and press Enter.
- Now disk cleanup utility will appear on the screen.
- Select the C: drive from the drop-down list and click OK.
- A new disk cleanup window will appear on the screen.
- Click the OK button on that window to clean up all the junk and temporary files from the system.
Easy Solutions to Handle QuickBooks Error 9000
Disk clean to fix the error
- For this, the user is supposed to move to the start menu and then press WIN key and type command in the search box to open the command window
- And then, press ctrl + shift keys and hit enter key.
- The next step is to select yes on the permission dialog box
- Followed by type clean mgr in the black box with blinking cursor
- Now the disk clean up will start and the user will have to select the drives one by one and begin cleaning the unwanted files
With this, we come to the end of this post. And also, we hope that the information we have shared in above might be of some help in fixing the error 9000 in QuickBooks.
However, in case the error persists, the user can consult our 24/7 QuickBooks premier support team via our toll-free number +1-844-405-0906, and ask our professionals to fix the error on your behalf.
Read Also: Magazine watches